The 2017 AAPC Atlantic Region Conference Planning Committee is seeking posters from graduate student participants that address practice, research, theory, advocacy, and other topics relevant to pastoral counseling. Proposals based upon a graduate class paper, project, or thesis should receive endorsement from the course professor. Professors may be listed as co-presenters only if they provided substantial contribution to the research.
Conference Theme: “This is not what I expected: Confronting Realities with Grace”
Poster Proposal Deadline: Friday, August 4, 2017
Directions: Complete your application in three steps:
- Complete the Poster Session Proposal Form.
- Provide a poster abstract of no more than 500 words that outlines the poster thesis and, if applicable, the research method. NOTE: The presenters’ identifying information should not be included in the poster abstract. All abstracts should be completely de-identified to ensure impartial consideration.
- Return both the Poster Session Proposal Form and the Poster Session Abstract to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submission Consideration and Procedures:
- Participants will receive confirmation via email of the proposal submission. If you do not receive notice, please email email@example.com to inquire about the status of your submission.
- Each nonidentified abstract will be reviewed and considered for inclusion by a panel of judges.
- Each presenter will receive an email indicating the proposal’s disposition by Friday, August 11, 2017.
- Upon acceptance, poster presenters MUST register for the conference no later that Friday, September 1, 2017, to ensure proper inclusion in all printed conference materials.
- All posters will be presented on Saturday, October 7, 2017 at a general poster session.
- The primary presenter for each poster submission MUST be a graduate student currently enrolled in an academic program at a university, college, or seminary. Academic faculty, researchers, or independent practitioners may only be listed as secondary presenters.
- Presenters are responsible for designing and printing their posters. Additional information about poster presentations is available upon request.
- If you have any questions regarding submission, selection, registration, or participation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org